Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mid week drama

We had a bit of excitement on Wednesday. Having a two story house makes it a little difficult to wash the outsides of our windows so we arranged for Jason to clean them. Luckily he was nearby when an electrical spark ignited a birds nest in the eaves. Fortunately there was very little damage, his other job is firefighting, so he new just what to do. We had a fire engine turn up, three firemen, two police cars, two policemen , one policewoman, one Aurora man and an electrician. Such a lot of people for one little fire. And apparently Win TV turned up as well, but Jason sent him away.
Many thanks to Jason for preventing any damage and saving Number One Son and my quilts.

I have finished the second block of Peacock's Garden and two from the Adelaide Floral Sampler.

Sorry, this one is sideways.

We had a lovelyDear Jane Day yesterday, very relaxing for me, and I even made one and a half new DJ blocks. I will show pictures soon.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Catching Up

I have been doing some catching up lately. I finally finished the last border of Rebecca's Friendship Round Robin. It has been posted to her, so I think I can show you now. Hope she likes it, cos I did deviate from the pattern somewhat.

This is another piece that I am working on, using Helen's centre stitchery. It was going to be a cushion and I did enter it in the exhibition, but alas it didn't get finished. Now I can't decide whether to finish it as a cushion cover or keep going and make a small quilt.

How are your Gidday Quilters stitcheries going? The shop hop has finished but if you missed out there will be a pattern released soon. And final results for the giveaways will be known when Helen gets back from Salt Lake City. This beautiful bag was made by Vicky from the platypus stitchery.

Here are two finished stitcheries made by Kathy.

I have finished two blocks from Monica Poole's new block of the month 'Peacocks Garden'.

This is the first, I haven't photographed the second, and I have finally received all the fabrics and started cutting so I am now set to go.

We have some new samples and patterns from Sally Giblin in the shop (the doll isn't hers, she is just adding to the display) and Marian is busily making up more new samples of her patterns as well.

The new header is a close up of the centre of a basket quilt I made in 2000. I will show you the whole quilt next post.

Terry has been very busy adding heaps of photos and info to our new website, so hopefully you can expect to see an announcement real soon.