Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Back to blogging

I’m back.  Sorry for the big delay in posting. My computer collapsed and there was a wait til we got the new one.  Then I had to get used to it. It’s hard to cope with new things sometimes and this one wants to do things automatically and it also hides things, very frustrating.   Then there was Christmas and a sort of holiday. and I was embarrassed cos I offered a giveaway and didn’t follow thru, so if those people that did leave a comment would like to email me a snail mail address I will post some goodies out.  I will try to get it right next time.

So what have I been doing, you ask.

Well, we have re organised the shop. A bit of a change around (seemed like a holiday!!) it has opened it up a bit and made it brighter . Started a lot of new projects, finished a couple, had a break in, they didn’t take much, just some scissors, small change and my most recently finished stitchery bag !

I had a lovely afternoon with the Dear Jane group today. A very small group, Simone, Helena and I, for the start of the year. I have been making my applique blocks using machine buttonhole stitch, I am not a traditionalist, haven’t got time for hand work, but I wanted to see if I could do needleturn by machine as well. I will post a picture and you can judge.

I still need a lot more practice.P2200313

P2010283

This is bag that was stolen.  It’s an Ella and Skysie design from their  Present of the Month range. It’s going to be easy to recognise because I changed the name to Esmes Antiques and if you look closely you will see that I didn’t finish topstitching the top of the bag.  I was rushing to finish it one morning before going to the shop and the needle broke, I didn’t have time to change the needle so just took the bag meaning to finish it at a later date. I guess this will not happen now.

I have just been handed a lovely glass of  sav blanc so I had better go and be sociable.  Tomorrow I will find some photos of the shop and my new block of the month featuring the lovely Rouenneries.

1 comment:

  1. Pleased to see you back and sorry to hear about the bag, somepeople are so rude.
    Take care Big Hugs Bec

    ReplyDelete